Thursday, November 6, 2008

2007 Grapefruit League (A look back/moved from my old .mac account)


This was the year! I was sure the Mets would make it to the World Series. I got an autograph from HOF'er Ralph Kiner in front of Tradition Field. I also got autographs from Julio Franco, Endy "The Catch" Chavez and Mike Carp. I saw Tom Glavine, Scott Kazmir, Carlos Beltran and Howard Johnson as the Mets batting coach. In Clearwater, I got autographs from Aki Iwamura, Delmon Young and Jonny Gomes.  That was also the year Josh Hamilton made his return to the bigs with the Reds. Nobody knew what he would do the next year.....Finally, the NY Mets finished Spring Training at Tropicana Field. They lost to the D-Rays..

Parks Visited:
Knology (Toronto Blue Jays) Dunedin
Tradition Field (NY Mets) Port St. Lucie
Holman Stadium, Dodgertown (LA Dodgers) Vero Beach
Brighthouse Networks Field (Phillies) Clearwater
Tropicana Field (D-Rays) St. Pete
Ed Smith Stadium (Reds) Sarasota



1 comment:

Topeka Home Theater said...

Great blog I ennjoyed reading