Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two outta Three ain't bad

I really thought the Mets were going to get slaughtered in Boston this weekend. Much to my delight, they played well. The defense, which has struggled as of late, looked good Friday and incredible on Saturday.
The bullpen was killed on Sunday. But, I see the series as a success for the Mets. Murphy played very well at first. Wright has his bat working. The more Sheffiield swings the bat the more dangerous he becomes. Until Delgado gets back Sheffield should be the everyday left fielder. Of course, we need Beltran and Reyes back. Overall, the road trip wasn't that bad. 3 out of 4 from the Giants, an LA sweep and 2 of three at Fenway (with a team that is limping along with injuries). It's .500 on the road. Not bad. Bring on the woeful Nats.
Finally, why wasn't someone on the Red Sox drilled after Papelbon's actions? He races onto the field like a bull in the ninth on Saturday. What is this the WWE? Sit your a#S on the bench and hope nobody remembers you gave up a HR to Omir Santos. If I were Jerry Manual I would've had Redding throw at the first batter on Sunday. Maybe I'm too harsh.

No comments: