Friday, March 21, 2008

Go Tribe!


Yesterday I met and got an autograph from Hall of Famer, Bob Feller. Very nice man. He talked to everyone that he signed for and shook their hand. I'm not sure how old he is but I do know that he went into the Hall of Fame in 1962. He also served in the US Navy in WWII. He pitched a no hitter on Opening Day of the 1940 season against the White Sox (sorry, Skip). Here's a link to the wiki about HOF'er Bob Feller.
Chain of Lakes park is losing the Indians to Arizona after this year. Very sad. The park is old but has a ton of character. Who ever designed it said, "Hey, let's face it this way and give it a cover so the fans can sit in the shade." I would like to shake that person's hand.
Later, that night I met golfer John Daly. But, that's a story for another time.

Link to pics.

No comments: