Friday, June 12, 2009

Stadium Club 2008 - Complete Set

Well, sometime last year I bought a box of Stadium Club. Before I knew it I was collecting baseball cards. The blogs are full of stories about guys who started collecting when they were kids, then dropped it, only to pick it up again as an adult. I am not one of those guys. I never collected cards as a kids. I didn't have the focus. I started and stopped hobbies like most people change clothes. I get distracted eas...

oh look shiny!


Get the point. So, it gives me great pleasure to say that, not only have I stuck with collecting, I've managed to finish a set! Hooray, me. Here is the card that finished the 2008 Stadium Club. Carlos Lee, OF, Houston Astros.

I do NOT have a complete set of First Day's or Photographer's Proofs, or whatever. I do have a complete base set that includes, 1st Days, Photographers Proofs, Autos, etc. I don't think I'll ever be that kind of collector. Also, (and I'm learning about collecting as I move along) I'm a "retail" guy. The card shops scare me. I will talk to the nice people at flea markets and garage sells. I buy a lot of "junk wax". Most Goudey cards look creepy to me. I don't know how to pronounce "Goudey". I do like Turkey Red cards & the chrome inserts in the 2009 Topps series. I stick to Topps for the most part but I do like any brand that has a NY Mets player on it.


Oh, look.....shiny Upper Deck.


1 comment:

night owl said...

Oh look ... shiny.

Funny.

Congrats I putting together one brutal set.

I know what you mean about card shops. If the owner at the one near me wasn't constantly trying to sell me junk that I don't want and would let me just buy what I want to buy, I'd be there more often.