Monday, June 29, 2009

Topps Series 2 - Jackie Robinson Cereal Box


I've been having trouble tracking Jackie down, but my wife found him in Target. SInce this is my third box of Series two, I guess I'm now "officially" collecting the set. I'm still 2 short (229 Cesar Izturis, 305 Ivan Rodriguez) on the Series 1 base set. I'll lasso them up soon. (I hope). I'm also all about the inserts in this years Topps.....

Luke Scott from the "hey, what'cha doin' down there" subset
Andy Pettitte
Troy Glaus
Pat Neshek
Billy Butler

Shaun Marcum, two goofy poses in one box. Wheeee.
Luke Hochevar
Robinson Cano
Chris Perez
Ted Lilly
Carlos Lee, wants to be on a Wheaties box
Bengie Molina
Steve Pearce
Jeremy Bonderman
Brandon Phillips
Joel Pinero
BJ Ryan, Yeah!
Ryan Howard
Freddy Sanchez
Chris Iannetta
Johnny Damon
Carlos Beltran, Finally a Met card. Great Action!
Yovani Gallardo
Chris Young
Adam Jones, 1160/2009 Gold Variation
Scott Baker
Kevin Millwood
Matt Harrison
Tony LaRussa
Chris Carpenter
Dustin Pedroia, Another good action shot
Placido Polanco
Chris Davis
Braden Looper
Derek Lowe
David Patton, Rookie
Randy Wolf
Khalil Green
Paul Konerko, part of the White Sox synchronized fielding team. (I give them an 8.7 for the artistic portion, but a 5.5 for degree of difficulty :)
Adam Jones (again, but no gold border)
Trevor Cahill, Rookie
Donald Veal, Rookie
Edwin Morneo, Rookie
Kenshin Kawakami, Rookie
Coco Crisp
Brian Anderson
Milton Bradley
Miguel Olivo
Bob Melvin
Nick Johnson
Eugenio Velez
Ron Washington

And Now the Inserts:



It's hard for me to believe that guys that I grew up watching (Sandberg and Carlton) are now considered "Legends." I don't feel that old. It doesn't seem that it was that long ago.

No comments: